My name is Andy Drinkwater and I am a freelance technical SEO consultant. Here you will learn more about what I do, how I do it, my goals, working practices and specialist (niche) areas.
My timeline to date:
- 1994 – Working as a copywriter and technical author for a large tech support company
- 1997 – My first taste of UX working for one of the UK’s biggest banks
- 1999 – Started my SEO career, working for a new startup. This is where the fun really begins!
- 2009 – Took on my first client – This was an exciting and scary day at the same time.
As I write this, I have been an SEO for over 18 years. October 2018 will mark my 19th year.
- As I write this, I am an OnCrawl ambassador: Click Here
- Interview with OnCrawl: Click Here
- Optimisey speech about Internal Linking: Click Here
- Internal Links webinar for SEMRush: Click Here
- Podcast on Technical SEO with Bill Hartzer: Click Here
- I received a Search Community honour: Click Here
- Article on Mobile Search published in Recruiter Magazine: Click Here
- Website page copy article published in Recruiter Magazine: Click Here
- Programmatic Advertising article published in Recruiter Magazine: Click Here
- Mobile First article published in Recruiter Magazine: Click Here
- Mobile Friendly article published in Recruiter Magazine: Click Here
- Advanced SEO webinar for SEMRush: Click Here
- Bad Link Webinar for SEMRush: Click Here
- Most harmful SEO mistakes webinar for SEMRush: Click here
- SEO Surgery webinar for SEMRush: Click Here
- Ecommerce SEO Webinar for SEMRush: Click Here
- Search Marketing Scoop webinar with David Bain: Click Here
- How to deal with a Google Penalty webinar: Click Here
My primary aim for every client is to create an SEO strategy that not only works now, but that will continue to work in the future. This is why all of my SEO campaigns are based around sustainable techniques that Google has always advocated – CONTENT, BACKLINKS and USABILITY.
Google has always preached about the importance of writing for the visitor, not for them, so that is exactly what I do. I advise on and create the sort of campaigns that are NOT going to land you in hot water with a penalty – be that manual or algorithmic.
Closely following all of Google’s guidelines, I am able to offer my clients, campaigns that will help them grow in their market sector without fear of something going wrong.
Of course, Google changes their algorithms on a regular basis (around 1000-1500 times per year), so should this happen, I am able to deploy changes to help bring sites back into line again.
Although I will always create strong on-page changes for every client, I would class myself as a Technical SEO consultant.
This essentially means that if a site is struggling to rank in the SERPs, even after all best practice has been taken care of, I would step in and advise on (and implement if requested) technical site changes.
Google makes it very clear that a site should be easy to use, crawl and navigate through. In doing this, it is very possible that they will find other issues that are not covered just by some on-page changes. You might have duplicate content and not be aware – search pages that are unintentionally indexed – a site structure confused by redirects and canonical issues or a whole host of other possible technical issues.
This is where I step in.
Get In Touch
If you think you need some help with your SEO, then please contact me or use the form below.