How I started in SEO
My timeline to date:
- 1994 – Working as a copywriter and technical author.
- 1997 – My first taste of UX working for a bank.
- 1999 – My SEO career begins working for a startup.
- 2009 – I launch my technical SEO consultancy.
How long have I been an SEO Consultant?
I am now into my 19th year as a UK SEO consultant specialising in SEO Audits, and my 9th since going freelance (best move I ever made…). I don’t have any affiliations to any companies and work independently from my offices in Chester, UK.
I specialise in technical aspects of search engine optimisation while focussing heavily on ensuring sites follow Google’s ever-changing best practices.
There are currently 3 of us in the business:
- Cameron – Trainee under my tutelage (and also my son)
- Janet – Full-time copywriter
Webinars, Publications and Talks
I love to impart advice so am always involved in a wide range of online technical webinar’s & podcasts, writing for magazines or speaking at events. You can see all of those I have been involved in, below.
- As I write this, I am an OnCrawl ambassador: Click Here
- Interview with OnCrawl: Click Here
- Internal Links webinar for SEMRush: Click Here
- Podcast on Technical SEO with Bill Hartzer: Click Here
- I received a Search Community honour: Click Here
- Article on Mobile Search published in Recruiter Magazine: Click Here
- Website page copy article published in Recruiter Magazine: Click Here
- Programmatic Advertising article published in Recruiter Magazine: Click Here
- Mobile First article published in Recruiter Magazine: Click Here
- Mobile Friendly article published in Recruiter Magazine: Click Here
- Advanced SEO webinar for SEMRush: Click Here
- Bad Link Webinar for SEMRush: Click Here
- Most harmful SEO mistakes webinar for SEMRush: Click Here
- SEO Surgery webinar for SEMRush: Click Here
- Ecommerce SEO Webinar for SEMRush: Click Here
- Search Marketing Scoop webinar with David Bain: Click Here
- How to deal with a Google Penalty webinar: Click Here
- Getting to grips with Answer Engines for SEMRush: Click Here
- Review on Trustpilot: Click Here
- SEO Insights for Accuranker: Click Here
- The importance of UX in Marketing: Click Here
With more than 19 years of experience as an SEO Consultant, I have come across and solved just about every technical SEO issue you can imagine. I love helping companies decipher complex on-page and off-page concerns.
The technical SEO services I offer through iQ SEO, focus on revenue growth through a range of strategies – this is both profitable and scalable for all of my clients. This is tied in with link acquisition and a focus on CTR, visitor retention and a strong internal linking structure.
Each campaign begins with a technical SEO audit which will uncover a wide range of possible issues before moving on to the on-page and off-page work.